Red Bank Transit Hub Feasibility Analysis
For Woodbury, NJ
This DVRPC funded effort focused on creating a comprehensive infrastructure and development framework for the area around the proposed Red Bank Avenue train station. The plans took into account the likely construction of regional light rail, redevelopment of the Red Bank station area, and make suggestions regarding the construction of a transit hub. Specifically, Group Melvin Design developed the following:
- Detailed conceptual drawings for transportation infrastructure improvements that would be necessary to support TOD,
- Through examination of the opportunities and constraints for creating a transit hub in the area, which would detail how a bus station and light rail station could interface,
- Recommendations on the type of public realm amenities necessary to support TOD,
- Recommendations on alternative intersection improvements and street layouts that could be mixed and matched to support the long-term development of the, and
- Identify the rules future development should follow to support a TOD at Red Bank Station (including the Inspira Hospital Site).